Help us Prevent the Spread
The Chilliwack Museum & Archives is now open! The safety of our visitors, volunteers, and staff is our top priority. Through responsible choices, our visitors play a critical role in helping us minimize potential risks to ensure a positive experience for all.
What we’re doing to keep you safe:
- Staff and volunteers are required to wear a face mask in all communal and/or public spaces.
- Limiting visitor numbers (maximum occupancy of 15 visitors at a time at the Museum and 8 visitors or 3 family units at a time at the Archives).
- Encouraging physical distancing with signage, spacing dots, and route markers.
- Providing a physical barrier at our front counter space.
- Limiting all hands-on, interactive elements to limit visitor contact in our galleries.
- Cleaning display cases on a regular basis throughout the day.
- Providing substantial access to hand sanitizer and handwashing facilities.
- Increasing cleaning and disinfecting throughout our facilities.
What we’re asking of our guests:
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
- While it is not required in the Museum at this time, you are encouraged to bring your own face mask.
- Face masks are required at the Archives.
- Was your hands, for at least 20 seconds, regularly during your visit.
- Avoid touching your face, cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue or your elbow.
- Please keep all personal items, bags, coats, and backpacks with you at all times.
- Keep your family unit together when walking through the Museum and keep children within reach. Explore the galleries by following marked routes.
- Please be patient. Don’t crowd around exhibits. Practice physical distancing keeping 2 meters away from others, and please wait your turn.
- No outside food or drink are permitted in the Museum or Archives.
What is Open?
- Museum galleries are open, with restrictions on # of visitors and physical distancing.
- Archives are open, with restrictions on # of visitors and physical distancing.
- Museum gift shop is open, with restrictions on # of visitors and physical distancing. We encourage the use of contactless payment rather than cash. You can shop online at shop.chilliwackmuseum.ca