The Chilliwack Archives Research Centre is a part of Evergreen Hall, located at 9291, Corbould Street, Chilliwack.
Free parking is available at Evergreen Hall.
The Archives reading room features:
- microfilm reader and printer
- large work tables
- electrical outlets for laptops
- a public computer with internet access
- reference library
- public photocopier and printer (fees apply)
- wheelchair accessible
Research at the Archives
- We’ll get you started by orienting you to the archives and helping you find and retrieve archival materials.
- If you would like to view the artifact collections, please contact the Curator prior to your arrival.
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday – drop in – 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Tuesdays and Thursdays – by appointment only – 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Do you want to talk to the Archivist? Do you have a complicated research question? Researchers are encouraged to make an appointment with the Archivist prior to visiting.
- Visitors unable to visit the archives may forward a one-time research request to the Archivist.
- Research fees of $40/hr apply for complex research requests over one hour.
While you are at the Archives, please:
- Sign in at the front desk;
- Always use pencil when taking notes;
- Do not bring food or beverages into the Archives;
- Set your phone to vibrate mode;
- Be aware that only registered service animals are allowed;
- Note that prior approval is required before taking photographs, filming or other recording;
- Be considerate to others and behave in a manner that does not disrupt other customers or staffl
- Report any concerns to staff.