Proof of Vaccination
The Chilliwack Museum & Archives will not be requiring Proof of Vaccination for general admission at this time. Museums & Archives are not currently included in the PHO for Proof of Vaccination and we have received confirmation from the British Columbia Museums Association that it is not required at this time. We will continue to monitor the situation and update our protocols as necessary to ensure the safety of our staff, volunteers, membership, and visitors.
Help us Prevent the Spread
The Chilliwack Museum & Archives is now open! The safety of our visitors, volunteers, and staff is our top priority. Through responsible choices, our visitors play a critical role in helping us minimize potential risks to ensure a positive experience for all.
What we’re doing to keep you safe:
- Staff and volunteers are encouraged to wear face masks.
- Limiting visitor numbers (maximum occupancy of 15 visitors at a time at the Museum and 8 visitors or 3 family units at a time at the Archives).
- Encouraging physical distancing with signage, spacing dots, and route markers.
- Providing a physical barrier at our front counter space.
- Limiting all hands-on, interactive elements to limit visitor contact in our galleries.
- Cleaning display cases on a regular basis throughout the day.
- Providing substantial access to hand sanitizer and handwashing facilities.
- Increasing cleaning and disinfecting throughout our facilities.
What we’re asking of our guests:
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Masks are recommended at the Museum and Archives for all people 12 and older who are not yet fully vaccinated.
- Wash your hands, for at least 20 seconds, regularly during your visit.
- Avoid touching your face, cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue or your elbow.
- Please keep all personal items, bags, coats, and backpacks with you at all times.
- Keep your family unit together when walking through the Museum and keep children within reach. Explore the galleries by following marked routes.
- Please be patient. Don’t crowd around exhibits. Practice physical distancing keeping 2 meters away from others, and please wait your turn.
- No outside food or drink is permitted in the Museum or Archives.
What is Open?
- Museum galleries are open, with restrictions on # of visitors and physical distancing.
- Archives are open, with restrictions on # of visitors and physical distancing. Appointments for research and donations are strongly encouraged due to capacity limitations.
- The Museum gift shop is open, with restrictions on # of visitors and physical distancing. You can shop online at shop.chilliwackmuseum.ca
- Programming and events will continue based on the capacity regulations of our facility. Proof of vaccination is required for everyone ages 12+. ID must also be presented for everyone aged 18+. Proof of vaccination does not apply to school groups.