The Chilliwack Archives has amassed over 500,000 historic photographs in its collection of prints, slides, negatives, artwork, film and postcards.
Archival images are made accessible in person at the archives, or digitally via our online collections database. Archival photographs are available for digital reproduction.
Researchers may obtain digital copies of our photographs by placing an order with us in person at the Archives (9291 Corbould Street), by phoning 604.795.5210 ext. 108, or by email . Once payment is received (by phone, mail or in person), we can process your order. Please allow up to 2 weeks for processing.
2) Photograph Fees
All photograph orders are subject to our photograph fee which includes scanning and handling:
- Photograph Scan $15 each (jpg or tiff format)
- Document Scan $15 each (jpg or pdf format)
- Oversized Photograph or Document Scan $30 each (jpg or tiff format)
- Map Scan – please phone for quote
3) Use Fees
Use fees are charged when images are obtained for the purpose of commercial promotion or revenue generation. This includes, but is not limited to, using photographs for: books, magazines, newspapers, calendars, brochures, websites, advertisements, interior or exterior commercial display or decoration.
- Commercial use fee – $15 per photograph per commercial use
4) Other Services
- Data storage (CD) $5
- Photocopies (8.5″ x 11″) $0.25 per page
- Photocopies (11″ x 17″) $0.50 per page
- Artifact photography $15/ photograph