The Chilliwack Archives holds community historic records of enduring value. The collections are accessed in person through the Archives research facility and online via:
- Chilliwack Museum and Archives online collections catalogue.
- Memory BC, the Archival Association of BC’s union catalogue.
The Archives collects hard copies of Chilliwack’s newspapers: Chilliwack Progress (1981-current), Chilliwack Times (1981-2016), Chilliwack Advertiser (1956-1975), and The Mountaineer (1975-1996).
- The Chilliwack Progress Newspaper is now available for keyword searching online.
- The Chilliwack Progress Newspapers have been digitized thanks to grants from the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre (UBC), the City of Chilliwack, and the Chilliwack Foundation.
Collected since 1958, our photographs cover a wide range of topics relating to the people, places, industry and politics of Chilliwack. Visitors may:
- Search over 15,000 digitized images through our online catalogue.
- Visit the Archives to receive assistance searing the photograph collection.
- Order copies of photographs for personal or commercial use.
Chilliwack Municipal Government Records
The Chilliwack Archives is the repository for city records of enduring historic value. The City of Chilliwack fonds is numbered Add. Mss. 373.
The Archives holdings include a selection of artwork with Chilliwack provenance. This artwork is available for viewing at the Archives and on our online catalogue.
The Chilliwack Museum and Archives has an extensive map collection.
- View the map collection inventory here.