The Chilliwack Archives holds community historic records of enduring value. The collections are accessed in person through the Archives research facility and online via:
- Chilliwack Museum and Archives online collections catalogue.
- Memory BC, the Archival Association of BC’s union catalogue.
The Archives collects hard copies of Chilliwack’s newspapers: Chilliwack Progress (1981-current), and Chilliwack Times (1981-2016).
- The Chilliwack Progress Newspaper are now available for keyword searching online.
** The Chilliwack Progress Newspapers have been digitized thanks to grants from the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre (UBC), the City of Chilliwack, and the Chilliwack Foundation.
Collected since 1958, our photographs cover a wide range of topics relating to the people, places, industry and politics of Chilliwack. Visitors may:
- Search our photographs through our online catalogue.
- Visit the Archives to receive assistance searing the photograph collection.
- Order copies of photographs for personal or commercial use.
Chilliwack Municipal Government Records
The Chilliwack Archives is the repository for city records of enduring historic value. The City of Chilliwack fonds is numbered Add. Mss. 373. View the finding aid for AM 373. Records include:
- City of Chilliwack council packages
- Township of Chilliwhack minutes, tax records, by-laws, police court record books.
- City of Chilliwack minutes, tax records, by-laws, maps.
The Archives holdings include a selection of artwork with Chilliwack provenance. This artwork is available for viewing at the Archives and on our online catalogue.
- topographical maps
- street maps
- political maps
- engineering drawings and blueprints
- ethnographic maps
- subdivision plans
Materials from our reference library are available for viewing at the Archives. Materials are listed in our online catalogue.
- local history books
- BC history books
- rare books
- subject files
- biography files