The Chilliwack Museum & Archives is now recruiting for the position of Administrative Assistant!
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full-time, Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM (shifts may be required outside these hours)
Salary: $35,000 plus benefits
Closing Date: April 24, 2019 at 4:00pm
Summary of Position:
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for a wide range of administrative functions, including, volunteer and gift shop coordination, membership liaison, rentals and bookings, general reception duties, and providing support to the Executive Director.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responds to general inquiries from the community via phone and email, or in person. Directs calls and inquiries to the appropriate personal.
- Responsible for processing, booking, and producing invoices for education programs, museum tours, public programs and events, and rentals.
- Recruit, train, schedule, and provide support to gift shop museum volunteers. Assists with additional volunteer recruitment if necessary. Organizes volunteer recognition events.
- Provides front desk coverage as required.
- Oversees the administration of Chilliwack’s Gift Shop. In consultation with the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant will order and track inventory and will be responsible for organizing the booth at the Christmas Craft Market.
- Maintains membership and contact files, and acts as liaison between members and the museum.
- Orders general office supplies, as well as curatorial, archival, educational, and janitorial supplies when required.
- Assists with the facilitation of Board meetings, Annual General Meeting of the Society, and other meetings as required, taking and distributing agendas, meeting minutes, and correspondence.
- Maintains general office files and statistics, and facilitates the transfer of all required financial records to the external bookkeeper and auditor.
- Additional duties as required.
- The ideal candidate would possess a diploma or certificate in Office Administration, Business Administration, or similar/equivalent.
- A minimum of one-year previous experience in an office administration role is preferred.
- Experience working with and coordinating volunteers is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with accounting/bookkeeping software, Cash and POS systems, and integrating databases for managing memberships, donations, and events would be considered an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and experience working in a team environment.
- Ability to work on tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills.
- A passion for heritage, arts, culture, and community!
The Chilliwack Museum and Archives is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are invited to apply by submitting their cover letter and resume to:
Executive Director, Chilliwack Museum & Archives
We look forward to reviewing all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.